New digital health experience coming for consumer (ACA) members
Effective December 1, 2023, consumer (ACA) plan members will have an entirely new digital health experience when logging in to their ibx.com account or the IBX mobile app. This new digital experience is more than just an enhancement to the existing website. We addressed the core technology and took a user-centric approach to address unmet member experience needs. Referred to as human-centered design, the new platforms were built by users for users. Our mobile-first approach and flexibility in platform design allows for easier optimization and the flexibility for making future updates.
Please note: Group plan members will have access to the new IBX app on December 1 as well, but will not have access to the new desktop or mobile web browser (non-mobile app) version of their ibx.com account until June 1, 2024. They will continue to have access to their current desktop or mobile web browser experience until June 1.
Enhanced capabilities provide convenience
With new navigation and updated features, advanced technology with faster response times, and personalized content that’s easy to find, members can:
- Access Health Journeys for a quick view of everything related to their care, such as their personal health record, benefit coverage, and condition-specific information. Members can also quickly access care and programs that help them achieve their personal health and wellness goals
- Build a virtual care team for easy access to primary and preferred providers
- View personal reminders and activities to manage their health
- Schedule online appointments (available to local plan members only)
- Easily access additional benefits, partner solutions, and other available programs
Members who currently use ibx.com or the IBX mobile app to manage their account will also notice updates to existing features, including the steps to:
- View, print, or share their member ID card
- Search for in-network doctors and hospitals
- Estimate cost for care or out-of-pocket costs based on their specific health plan
- Review benefits and claims information
- Reach out to a Registered Nurse Health Coach
Member resources and key dates
Consumer plan members will simply need to log in at ibx.com or on the IBX mobile app to begin using the new platforms. Their personal information, including e-billing information for members who have automatic recurring payments set up, will be migrated over to the new platforms. Impacted users who are digitally engaged with Independence Blue Cross will be notified in December about this new digital experience. We will also be sharing additional support collateral over the coming months to help highlight the exciting new features.
In summary, here are the key dates for migrating to the new platform:
- ACA consumer plan members will have access to the new IBX mobile app, ibx.com mobile web‑browser, and desktop platforms on December 1, 2023.
- Commercial group plan members will be able to download the new IBX mobile app from their app stores on December 1, 2023. Current IBX mobile app users will receive a push notification that a newer version of the IBX mobile app is available for download. They will be able to access the new platform on their desktop or mobile web-browser (non-mobile app) beginning June 1, 2024.